These are few of my latest finds. They are like new. Click each photo to enlarge.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Sunday, January 10, 2010
I am bargain hunter myself and I enjoy it a lot.
Getting a great deal is always a rewarding experience. Whether you're a bargain hunter, second hand enthusiast or yard sale fanatic, I've gathered my favorite money saving techniques for the budget conscious.
1. Shop the least busy days of the week. During the week there are fewer shoppers, so bargains stay on the shelf longer. Arrive at the start of the day. Many shoppers arrive close to the weekend and during holidays when they are off work.
2. Research items before arriving at the store. Know ahead of time what you are going to purchase. If you are purchasing an expensive item of clothing from any thrift stores, know ahead of time what the item would cost if purchased new.
3. Look at the monthly calendar. Most thrift stores publish a monthly calendar of forthcoming sales events. Shop during discount days for further deals. Target the days when your planned purchase will be on sale. Many items are discounted during the month. Keep your monthly sales calendar handy for maximizing your bargain hunting.
4. Locate the different thrift stores in your area. In many cities, there are several thrift store locations. Each store specializes in something different. Some thrift stores carry mainly boutique items, others carry children's clothes and others might carry household items.
5. Achieve the age of 50 or older or bring a friend who is over 50. Some thrift stores offer a 20 percent discount to people 50 and older. Be sure to have your identification card with you for these purchases.
6. Give back. Thrift stores are dedicated to helping disadvantaged people find employment and job training opportunities. Now that you have had the chance to discover bargains consider donating your used clothing and other items to thrift shop. Pass on your unwanted things and help society in one step.